Lisa in Tanzania - A Peace Corps Volunteer's Blog

08 November, 2005

T.I.A.

T.I.A. = This is Africa.

I've been hearing this phrase a lot lately. Our daily schedule in the PC changes all the time so we don't know what to expect sometimes. Things happen that are out of your control. But you have to be flexible and remember...T.I.A....

Wow! Time is going by so fast! We find out where we will be living for the next two years on Nov. 21, we take our final exams (written and oral) in Kiswahili in two weeks then we swear in on Nov. 29!

We visited NGOs today and will return to them tomorrow. Basically we're evaluating the needs of NGOs and seeing what we can do to help them achieve their goals. This will be good for our secondary projects when we get to site. My group visited an NGO that helps people living with HIV and AIDS to life the best life they can live. They provide counseling to people with HIV/AIDS, people in the community who do not have HIV/AIDS and to orphans of parents who died from HIV/AIDS.

I've uploaded more pictures so check them out.

4 Comments:

  • Lisa, I've really enjoyed reading your stories. I'm in the middle of my masters right now and really thinking about applying for the peace corps next year. You're experiences reinforce my interest. best of luck with everything. I hope russ doesn't get giardia again.
    deborah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 09 November, 2005 08:08  

  • Good luck with the exams!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 09 November, 2005 21:17  

  • Bahati njema kwenye mtihani!

    While you are in Tanzania, you are invited to share your photos of East Africa with Swahili students around the world. Check out the Swahili Dictionary Photo Uploader instructions for more info.

    Kazi njema,
    Martin

    By Blogger Pen Ultimate, at 10 November, 2005 00:43  

  • Lisa, Thanks for the photos. It is the first time we have seen Jen since she left for Tanzania. She looks good - as do all of you. Stay safe.
    Dana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11 November, 2005 16:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home