Lisa in Tanzania - A Peace Corps Volunteer's Blog

22 October, 2005

free weekend!

This is the first free weekend we have had since coming to TZ. Our younger sister is being confirmed in the Catholic church so there are many relatives around. Russ and I are in town today to get her a gift.

Many other of my fellow PCTs are hiking up the mountain this morning. It would have been nice to go but we do have another free weekend coming up and perhaps Russ and I can climb it then.

I have learned that Tanzanians love to sing and dance. Last night with some relatives we all just danced around the porch. Baba got out the loud speaker and blasted music so that we could all get into the beat. It was great fun and I've never seen my family that happy.

I'm trying to upload some more pictures so check them out. Sorry they are not organized very well...I'll try to do more if I have time.

Flashback:
I remember flying over the Sahara Desert on the way to TZ. It was incredible! All you could see from the plane was sand in these intricate designs created by the wind. Now I realize that I have not heard a single plane overhead. I thought something was a plane in the sky at night because it was so bright but I think it was a planet. Thanks David - we're looking forward to getting the star chart!

We've had at least a dozen shots by now...yellow fever, hep a, hep b, td, rabies 1,2, and 3, meningitis, etc...I think we are just getting two more and then we'll be good to go anywhere in the world from now on!

Our contact information is in the column to the right. =)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home