Lisa in Tanzania - A Peace Corps Volunteer's Blog

06 October, 2005

KunyWa

Kiswahili is much harder than I anticipated. The words sound so similar...

Ninaomba maji kunywa.
I want water to drink.

Ninaomba maji kunya.
I want water to shit.

Sorry for the language but as you can see one little misprounciation and you mean something totally different.

This blog is for everyone to read!! Jen is not in my CBT so I only see her once a week.

Homestay is great! If I haven't mentioned it before.

We call going to the bathroom a "choo session".

Next week we are going to start micro-teaching. That means we will practice teach in our groups of 4 or 5 before we start teaching for real. But even this "real" teaching is preparing us for teaching when we get "posted" for 2 years - and we won't find out where in the country we're going until next month.

We found an ice cream shop that just opened up...and ice cream is really hard to come by if you're not in Dar...

I've gotten used to things like the power going out twice in a night...the water doesn't run sometimes...you just make do with what you have...

1 Comments:

  • Hi! Just found your blog! Karibu sana Tanzania. I hope things are going well. I'm a 1st yr health PCV in the deep south. Maybe we will meet one day! Karibu my blog, send the LCFs my love :)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 08 October, 2005 11:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home