Lisa in Tanzania - A Peace Corps Volunteer's Blog

07 August, 2005

Chacos - oh my gosh!

Yesterday Russ and I went on some errands to get stuff we need for the PC while we still have a car (it's being sold). At REI I went to buy Chacos because I've heard from current PCVs and friends that they are the best. So as I was browsing the sandal section a young woman, about our age, who worked there, asked if we needed help. So I said we were going to the Peace Corps and then she screamed "Oh my gosh! That's so great! I'm in the process of applying!" and I know everyone in that section heard her and people were looking but it was great to see someone so excited about the Peace Corps and our adventures. She was wearing a pair of Chacos with toe loop so I tried that one on and compared it to the Chacos without a toe loop and other brands. My feet felt much more stable with the toe loop so we purchased those (with toe socks of course)!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home